What is Laser Dentistry?
Laser dentistry is a modern, innovative, and overall pleasing approach to dental care. Dental laser technology is a system that allows our office to use concentrated light energy to have a conservative approach to many dental procedures. Traditionally, the drill has been the dentist’s go-to tool, but the laser has proven to be able to do accurate dental work with less patient discomfort. When a laser is used, powerful and accurate dental work is achieved without being invasive.
Because of the conservative and comfortable approach, patients are able to experience the following benefits:
- Decreased appointment duration
- Reduced discomfort during and after dental appointment
- Moderated or eliminated need for local anesthesia in majority of cases
- Encouraged/decreased healing time associated with surgeries
Lasers are a tool and resource of our office and does not include an added expense to any procedure. Lasers are utilized in our office for all aspects of dentistry including cosmetic, preventative, reparative dentistry, and surgical procedures.
Below is a list of how our office can help you through the utilization of dental laser technology:
- Removal of decay (cavities) for fillings
- Tooth sterilization durign root canals
- Periodontal (gum) surgeries
- Infant and adult tongue and lip ties (Frenectomies)
- Crown Lengthening prior to crown/bridge
- Hemangioma removal in oral cavity and lips
- Cosmetic gums recontouring
A great resource to learn more about dental lasers can be found at: https://www.yourdentistryguide.com/laser/